Alive.Start.


I see this picture and my body stops. It just reminds me of everything I have been trying to escape, to crawl out of. How many of us lock ourselves away, into emptiness into nothing. There is a tap on the wall but I don't get a sense it is used. It is set just behind the gate. Do you just drink from it as you enter and take your last sip from it as you are carried out. Why do we stay behind closed doors, why do we love the safety of death. Yes we fear it, our actual physical death, but being alive is not what many of us are good at. We will recognise our own ghost when we meet it, it has been staring back at us in the mirror for years.

Please stop hiding, I know you do because I did for years and I hear it in you and see it in you. It takes one to recognise one. Take the key, put it in the lock and open the door. Yes you. I don't know what is on the other side of the door, I can't help you with that. I do know though that whatever it is will shine the light on your corpse and you might actually start breathing again. Your life is too short to stay inside, and I don't want to hear your mountains and mountains of excuses. Fuck your excuses, its all they are. They are your mind poisoning you into dying before you have lived.

I am saying this now because I can.  I will not crawl back into the wall and mourn for myself as my life dances past.

Wake up. Wake the fuck up.

Please... Don't be late.

Comments

Popular Posts